Dental practices operate in a highly regulated environment, with a complex web of laws and regulations governing everything from patient care to employment practices. Given the importance of compliance in this industry, dental practices need a lawyer who is well-versed in the legal issues that affect them.
At Avisen Legal, we understand that dental practices face a unique set of legal challenges. From employment law and contracts to compliance with health regulations and insurance laws, dental practices must navigate a complex and ever-changing legal landscape. That’s why we’re dedicated to providing highly competent legal services to dental practices of all sizes.
We believe that a proactive approach to legal issues is key to the success of any dental practice. Our experienced attorneys are committed to staying up-to-date with the latest laws and regulations affecting dental practices, and we work closely with our clients to ensure that they are in compliance with all applicable laws.
At the same time, we understand that legal issues can be complex and intimidating. That’s why we take a client-focused approach to our work, taking the time to listen to your concerns and providing clear, straightforward advice. Whether you need help negotiating an employment contract, navigating a complex regulatory environment, or resolving a dispute with a vendor or patient, we’re here to help.
At Avisen Legal, our philosophy is simple: we believe in providing highly competent legal services with a focus on our clients’ needs. If you’re a dental practice in need of legal assistance, we invite you to contact us to learn more about how we can help you succeed.
Services Provided by Leading Attorneys for Minnesota Dentists
- Associate Agreements: For new dentists, it’s imperative to sign an associate agreement that benefits your current situation without limiting your future possibilities. We can look over any contract you’re offered to make sure it doesn’t negatively affect you should you choose to move on to a different practice eventually.
- Operating Agreements: There’s a lot to consider if you’re thinking about either joining a practice as a new partner or buying into the practice. Let us review any agreement or contract you’ve been offered so you can best understand the implications it brings, including how it could affect your taxes, the professional and operational responsibilities it includes, and any legal liabilities involved.
- Buying a practice: There’s plenty of advantages to owning your own dental practice. As entrepreneurs ourselves, we understand the appeal to being your own boss, and we want to make sure you can achieve that goal with the least amount of risk possible. Our unique background in both business and dental practice law means we know what hurdles you’ll face and can partner with you to make sure you purchase the right practice for you.
- Negotiating dental leases: Your dental lease can be one of the most important contracts you ever sign, and we want to make sure you do so with confidence knowing the lease has been vetted by one of the best dental attorney teams in Minnesota. We’ll work with you to make sure the space you choose and the agreement you make work in your favor.
- Acquiring and developing dental buildings: Purchasing or constructing a new building for dental offices can be a massive undertaking and having a trusted partner at your side can make all the difference. Our wealth of experience working with Minneapolis-area and greater Minnesota businesses and dentists means there’s almost nothing we haven’t seen before when it comes to the real estate side of dental practice law.
- Employment law relating to your dental practice: One of the most rapidly evolving areas of Minnesota dental law is rules, regulations, best practices, and recommendations around employment law. We can help you examine your hiring process, draw up appropriate employment agreements, carefully manage disputes or concerns, advise on compensation and non-competes, and even review your HIPPA or Minnesota Health Records Act responsibilities.
- Entity selection: Are you curious which choice of legal entity is right for you? We can walk you through the key differences between a limited liability company (LLC), a limited liability partnership (LLP), a professional corporation (PC), and even other options (PLLC, GP, LLLP, etc.), and how to form your entity in the state of Minnesota.
- Transitions and Estate Planning: An estate plan is an essential part of your financial and succession plan for the future, and provides an important tool to ensuring your family is cared for if something happens to you. If you own your dental practice, your estate plan may also play a key role in planning for the future of your practice.
Recent Accomplishments by our Twin Cities Dental Attorney Team
- Helped a practice close on its purchase of a medical office building.
- Assisted a practice with its purchase of a dental practice.
- Efficiently negotiate numerous dental office leases.
- Advised a practice with its expansion of its leased space and lease amendment.
- Formed numerous professional entities for dental and medical professionals.
- Regularly negotiate employment agreements for new dentists.
Contact Avisen Legal Today
Whether you need help with joining an existing practice, forming your own, entity formation, succession planning, or responding to a regulatory request, the skilled Financial Advisor Practice Team at Avisen Legal can help. We know the issues you face as a financial professional, and our Minneapolis lawyers are here to walk you through the process in the most straightforward and cost-effective manner possible. Contact us today for a confidential consultation.