In today’s complex and constantly evolving financial landscape, financial advisors face a myriad of legal challenges. From compliance with regulatory requirements to drafting contracts and agreements, the need for experienced legal practitioners who specialize in financial advisory services has never been greater. At Avisen, we are dedicated to providing highly competent legal services to financial advisors of all sizes.
Financial advisors must follow strict guidelines and laws set forth by federal and state regulatory authorities, such as the SEC, FINRA, and state securities regulators. These laws are complex, and having an experienced FINRA attorney by your side is crucial to remaining in compliance.
We understand that financial advisors need a proactive and strategic approach to legal issues in order to thrive in the industry. Our experienced attorneys are committed to staying up-to-date with the latest laws and regulations that affect financial advisors and their clients. We work closely with you to ensure that you are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, while also offering guidance and support to help navigate complex legal issues.
We believe in taking a client-focused approach to our work, taking the time to listen to your concerns and providing clear, practical advice. Whether you need help with compliance, drafting contracts, or resolving a legal dispute, we’re here to help. We are committed to providing you with the personalized attention and expertise you need to succeed in your business.
The dedicated team of attorneys at Avisen Legal provides counsel to financial professionals across Minnesota. We have an impressive track record of obtaining the results our clients want in a timely, economical manner. Contact us today for a confidential consultation.
Serving Financial Advisors in Minneapolis
At Avisen Legal, our Financial Advisor Practice Team represents financial advisors (including investment advisors, financial planners, and broker dealers) in a variety of situations, including entity formation, buy-sell and ownership agreements, succession planning, investing in a financial advisor practice, registration as an investment advisor or broker dealer, responding to regulatory requests, investigations or audits, and employment matters. What sets Avisen’s Financial Advisor Practice Team apart is our deep understanding of securities regulations, our expertise in assisting financial advisors with their succession planning, and our unique collective experience in handling such matters on behalf of both the regulators and the regulated.
The Avisen Financial Advisor Practice Team can help you with the following:
- Entity selection — There are multiple legal structures to choose from when starting a new financial firm (sole proprietorship, partnership, LLC, etc.), and each comes with its own benefits and disadvantages.
- Succession planning — When key employees and executives leave the firm, retire, or pass away, succession planning ensures that your business can continue to run smoothly and without interruption.
- Financial advisor transitions to and from broker dealers — As a financial professional, you want to have broker-dealer and custodial partners that enable you to successfully acquire and support client relationships. This may mean transitioning to a new broker dealer more than once during your career.
- Financial advisor firm start-ups — We can assist with all aspects of the startup process, including formation and structuring, equity issues, hiring, and financing.
- Investment advisor/broker-dealer registration — Broker-dealers who want to offer investment advisory services must first register with the SEC as investment advisers.
- Drafting compliance-related policies and procedures, including written supervisory procedures, client contracts, privacy policies, codes of ethics, employment agreements and other documents
- Responding to a regulatory inquiry or subpoena — Receiving an inquiry or subpoena from FINRA can be a highly stressful experience, but we will help position you for the best possible outcome.
- Preparing for a regulatory audit or examination — If the inquiry escalates to an audit, examination, or investigation, we will help you prepare, while working tirelessly to reduce the risk of adverse consequences.
- Real estate acquisition and development — Whether you are purchasing real estate as an investment, or developing real estate for profit, we can help with all aspects of acquisition and/or development.
Contact Avisen Legal Today
Whether you need help with entity formation, succession planning, or responding to a regulatory request, the skilled Financial Advisor Practice Team at Avisen Legal can help. We know the issues you face as a financial professional, and our Minneapolis lawyers are here to walk you through the process in the most straightforward and cost-effective manner possible. Contact us today for a confidential consultation.