Our Philosophy on Working with Licensed Professionals
We are entrepreneurs who serve entrepreneurs. We know what it’s like to start and grow a practice. Because of this, you benefit from our experience in business, real estate and other areas important to licensed professionals. We are motivated every day by the personal relationships we build with you.
We work with licensed professionals and professional services firms on their most important practice transitions. We help you with employment law best practices, real estate matters, and serve as your outside general counsel to deliver general corporate services you need to run and grow your practice. We work with you throughout all phases of your practice, including entity formation, licensure, registration, general corporate, real estate, and compliance.
Our Licensed Professionals Practice Areas
At Avisen Legal, P.A., we regularly advise:
Employment Law for Licensed Professionals
Employment law services can help licensed professionals navigate the legal landscape of their industry, understand their rights and obligations as employers and/or as employees, and ensure that they are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, employment law services can help licensed professionals negotiate better employment terms, protect their intellectual property, and resolve disputes with their employers.
Licensed professionals may need employment law services for various reasons, such as:
- Employment Contracts: Licensed professionals may require assistance in negotiating, drafting, and reviewing employment contracts to ensure that their rights and interests are protected.
- Discrimination and Harassment: Licensed professionals may need legal representation in cases of discrimination or harassment in the workplace, including cases involving age, gender, race, religion, or disability.
- Employee Benefits: Licensed professionals may need assistance in navigating complex employee benefits, such as health insurance, retirement plans, and stock options.
- Workplace Safety: Licensed professionals may require legal advice on workplace safety issues, such as hazardous conditions, safety protocols, and worker’s compensation claims.
- Termination and Severance: Licensed professionals may need legal representation in cases of wrongful termination or to negotiate severance agreements.
- Immigration: Licensed professionals may need employment law services in matters related to immigration, such as obtaining visas or green cards for foreign workers.
- Labor Laws: Licensed professionals may require assistance in cases related to collective bargaining, union negotiations, or labor disputes.
- Non-Compete and Confidentiality Agreements: Licensed professionals may need legal advice in matters related to non-compete and confidentiality agreements, including drafting, enforcing, and challenging such agreements.
- Wage and Hour Issues: Licensed professionals may require legal representation in cases related to wage and hour issues, such as unpaid overtime or minimum wage violations.
- Workplace Investigations: Licensed professionals may require legal assistance in conducting or responding to workplace investigations related to discrimination, harassment, or other misconduct.
Overall, employment law services can provide licensed professionals with the legal guidance and support they need to succeed in the workplace and protect their rights and interests as employees.
Licensed Professionals Attorneys in Minneapolis, MN
We don’t believe in adding layers and layers of attorneys and paralegals to work with you. Truth is, if you hire us you’re working directly with the lawyer you hired, knowing we are both experienced partners and successful entrepreneurs.
We are efficient and cost-effective. We bring large firm expertise with small firm pricing. Consider us the largest small firm in town. We know that larger firms are not only more expensive, but can be cumbersome to work with. At Avisen Legal, we are nimble, know our stuff, and will cut through the clutter of having to learn your business because we know your business. We know our role is to help you manage risk and achieve success in your business.
LICENSED PROFESSIONALS PRACTICE VIDEO
FAQs for Licensed Professionals
We work with a wide range of licensed professionals, including but not limited to chiropractors, dental practitioners, engineers, financial advisors, lawyers, medical practitioners, mental health professionals, veterinary practitioners, and more. If you’re unsure if we can assist you, don’t hesitate to reach out, and we’ll be happy to discuss your specific needs.
We provide comprehensive legal services tailored to the unique needs of licensed professionals. Our services cover employment law, real estate matters, general corporate services, and more. We act as your outside general counsel to ensure you have the legal support you need to run and grow your practice successfully.
Be sure to build a team of experienced professionals to help you through the process. The critical players are accountants and attorneys with deep industry experience who do the same deal that you will be doing regularly.
Generally, it is the question of whether to rent or own. If a licensed professional has no experience or interest in managing commercial real estate, leasing may be a better fit. If licensed professionals are interested in paying themselves rent, then looking at acquisition or ground-up development can be a great fit. Suppose a licensed professional is going to acquire commercial real estate. In that case, it is critical for the licensed professional to engage a commercial broker with deep industry experience, a commercial real estate attorney, and the various professionals who help with planning and diligence such as architects, surveyors, and environmental professionals.
We help associates negotiate their associate contracts coming right out of school. The next step is to assist in the purchase of a practice or the buy-in. We provide regular advice regarding real estate, employment, estate planning, and general corporate matters as the business matures. Finally, we assist in planning for the transition out of the practice.
Assemble your professional advisors now and talk to them about how to increase the value in the last five years.
We generally do not get involved with health care board defense, and we can refer to an attorney specializing in health care board defense.
Employment law services are essential to protect your rights and interests as an employer or employee. They can help you navigate complex employment contracts, resolve workplace disputes, negotiate better employment terms, and ensure compliance with industry-specific regulations.
We can help negotiate, draft, and review employment contracts to ensure your rights and interests are protected. We work to create fair and legally sound employment agreements.
Our business law services encompass a wide range of legal support, including entity formation, licensure, registration, contract negotiation and drafting, compliance, and general corporate services. We provide comprehensive guidance to help you succeed in your field.
Having outside general counsel means you have a dedicated legal partner who understands your industry and can provide timely advice. This can save you time and money, ensure legal compliance, and help you make informed decisions to grow your practice.
We can help you choose the appropriate business structure (e.g., LLC, corporation) and navigate the legal requirements for forming your practice. We ensure that your entity is compliant with state and industry-specific regulations.
Yes, we can assist with the licensing and registration requirements specific to your profession. We ensure that your practice operates within the bounds of the law.
We act as your legal advocates in contract negotiations, ensuring that your interests are protected. We draft contracts, agreements, and other legal documents that align with your practice’s needs and goals.
We stay up-to-date with the latest legal developments in your industry and provide proactive guidance to keep your practice compliant. Regular consultations and legal audits are part of our compliance support.
Absolutely, we work with licensed professionals on succession planning to ensure a smooth transition of your practice in the future. This includes estate planning, business valuations, and exit strategies.
If you have specific legal needs related to your practice or profession that are not covered here, please reach out to us. We offer customized legal solutions and can discuss how we can assist you with your unique requirements.