We’re client and deal focused, which means our goal is to make sure the deal works for you and that the deal gets done. We don’t overdo things – we simplify and synthesize. Some law firms are tempted to stir the pot (and generate more hours) – but we help our clients get to “yes” by using the efficiencies and experience we have developed over decades of successfully closed deals.
At Avisen Legal, P.A., we regularly counsel buyers, sellers, tenants, landlords, and developers in all aspects of commercial real estate. We have extensive experience with advising office, retail and restaurant tenants. We also have experience with project financing and reviewing loan documents on behalf of borrowers, including New Market Tax Credit loans.
Minneapolis Commercial Real Estate Attorneys
We work closely with our clients on their commercial real estate leases, acquisitions, development, and financing deals. We focus exclusively on the transactional side of real estate and do not provide litigation services. Our ideal commercial real estate deals are in the $1-20 million dollar range. Some of our key services include:
- Commercial leasing for businesses
- Representing tenants and landlords in lease negations
- Purchases and sales
- Commercial lending and borrowing
- Real Estate Financing
- Commercial real estate development
REAL ESTATE ATTORNEYS MINNEAPOLIS MN
Purchase and Sale Transactions
Avisen Legal, deliver high quality corporate real estate services to buyers or sellers of real estate including:
- Create Letters of Intent
- Prepare the purchase agreement
- Conduct a thorough purchase agreement review and analysis
- Negotiate terms and language with buyer/seller’s counsel, or with the buyer or seller
- Perform real estate due diligence including a title and survey review and environmental assessment analysis
- Close the deal
REAL ESTATE VIDEOS
Commercial Property Development Fund (CPDF) Experience
Avisen Legal real estate attorney John Saunders is not just familiar with the City of Minneapolis’ unique CPDF program, he has helped several clients secure funding. The CPDF is a program in Minneapolis designed to provide economic development funding – between $400,000 and $800,000 per project – in the form of forgivable patient debt capital for commercial real estate development and acquisition within the city of Minneapolis. Projects need to serve economically challenged areas. The goal is to provide developers and small businesses with debt capital on favorable terms to encourage development and the acquisition of real property within the city limits.
CPDF loans offer a 40-year term with 0% interest. At the end of the term, if certain conditions are met, the principal balance will be completely forgiven.
Real Experience with CPDF
Recently, attorney John Saunders has assisted clients on projects involving:
- Multi-tenant redevelopment of a commercial building on Broadway in North Minneapolis
- Woman owned business purchases real estate for hardware store
- Woman owned business purchases real estate for hair salon
- Woman owned business purchases real estate for construction business
- Minority owned business purchases real estate for professional offices
To discuss the viability of your real estate venture receiving CPDF funding, contact John Saunders today, email@example.com.
We work with landlords and tenants on all aspects of commercial real estate leasing including:
- Develop Letters of Intent analysis
- Prepare and review lease draft
- Conduct a lease review with the client to understand the terms of the lease
- Negotiate terms and language with opposing counsel
- Sign the lease
- We also assist with lease renewals and disputes related to Common Area Maintenance (CAM) charges
Type of Clients we Work With:
At Avisen Legal, we work with many different businesses including:
- Dentists and Physicians
- Independent grocers
- Industrial and commercial space
- Professional offices
- Warehousing and wholesalers
- Real estate developers
- Small-medium sized businesses looking for office space
Real Estate Financing
We regularly help clients on the lending side, working with borrowers to negotiate, document and close their loan transactions. We review and analyze the loan documents to confirm the final terms match the lender’s proposal. We prepare necessary opinions of counsel to use in negotiations and closing. We review and confirm closing statements and costs.