Avisen is hiring for a Corporate Paralegal position. Check out the job description and details below.
This is a full-time paralegal position in business law practice office providing experienced business attorneys with corporate paralegal support. This position involves all levels of transactional work, such as mergers, acquisitions financing, real estate, trademark filings, entity formation and documentation, corporate governance and maintenance of corporate books and records as well as trust, estates and probate. The position also requires periodic administrative support, such as word processing, proof- reading, preparation of spreadsheets and other related tasks on an as needed basis. The position requires a professional and friendly demeanor, appearance and communication skills, attention to detail, initiative, willingness to assume new tasks and roles, and excellent client service. This position is hybrid for those applicants in the Twin Cities area only. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare entity formation documents and amendments for business entities
(corporations, partnerships, nonprofit organizations, benefit corporations and limited liability companies).
- Prepare and manage registration and maintenance to keep entities in good standing, ensure annual reports are filed, and coordinate paperwork to ensure annual and on-going compliance with corporate and business registration requirements.
- Prepare and manage filings for licensing and other permits.
- Draft other business entity documents, including operating agreements, shareholder and board meeting minutes and consents, stock certificates, and other agreements, as appropriate.
- Maintain entity record books, including corporate actions, capitalization tables and stock ledgers and maintain firm best practices for keeping business entity records current and easily accessible.
- Assist in the preparation and production of trust and estate planning documents
- Assist in large scale contract production and drafting projects.
- Assist clients with administration of equity incentive plans, prepare equity grants using form agreements, as appropriate.
- Research and prepare required federal and state securities filings.
- Manage multiple financings/deals running concurrently while also keeping corporate records current.
- Assist with extraordinary business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, private placement equity investments, purchases and sales of real estate, joint ventures and other significant corporate transactions, with tasks including:
- Organize and prepare due diligence materials and requests, track and communicate due diligence responses;
- Act as primary interface with filing services for any business entity filings required to complete a transaction; and
- Assist in closing of business transactions, including preparing and maintaining closing checklists, drafting ancillary documents, preparing signature pages, updating schedules, and compiling fully executed copies of documents and agreements.
- Prepare US trademark filings from time to time under the supervision of a trademark attorney and maintain a trademark docket
- Legal administrative responsibilities, such as word processing, spreadsheet preparation and proof-reading correspondence and legal documents, as needed
- Strong background in providing corporate and transactional paralegal support, with five or more years direct experience in a law firm environment.
- Ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and methods of client communication as needed.
- Ability to understand and follow work directions, make discretionary decisions, multi-task, manage multiple priorities and respond to urgent requests with minimal supervision.
- Strong time and task management skills.
- Excellent proactive communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain effective working relationships and communicate verbally and in writing, with clients, firm members, and other business contacts.
- Exceptional client service skills, as well as the ability to handle stressful situations in a calm, composed manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a service-oriented, team environment.
- A dependable work ethic, commitment to providing quality service with an agreeable, professional demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree and completion of paralegal program of study, or clear demonstration of equivalent knowledge and skill, or
- Successful completion of an American Bar Association approved paralegal program
- Five or more years as a corporate paralegal in a private law firm preferred
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook) for the creation and editing of documents, and ability to learn other software systems particular to firm and practice.
- Proficiency in use of or prompt adaptability to time and billing , document management and equity holder management products such as Carta.
- Proficiency in the use of electronic signature applications ( e.g., DocuSign) and document retention databases ( e.g., Google Docs, Dropbox and other proprietary virtual data rooms).
- Office environment
- Desk work
- Desk work; ability to sit for long stretches (frequent)
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds (occasional)
- Ability to operate computer and other office equipment (frequent)
- Occasional walking, bending and lifting
- Full-Time (Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm)
- Hybrid work environment with expectation of regular in office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday